Sunday, September 11, 2011

Full of Awesome

"There was a time when you were five years old, and you woke up full of awesome," blogs Melissa Wardy on Pigtail Pals.

You don't have to be a girl to appreciate the sentiment. No matter how hopeful, carefree, and energetic we may have been once upon a time, somewhere along the path to 'adulthood', most of us have lost touch with our inner awesome. But you can get it back. I did.

During a particularly rough week making my student film, I found myself drowning in doubts and fears. What was I thinking? What on earth had I gotten myself into? How was I ever going to get through it alive? And then I had an epiphany; It occurred to me:

"I'm in animation school... Fuck yeah!"

Thank you, Amelia, for reminded me of that feeling.  It's one I'd like to remember more often. So I hereby declare: I'm full of awesome!


Are you full of awesome, too?


Simmon Keith Barney is an animator living in Fort Collins, Colorado.

1 comment: